Tuesday 7 June 2011

Meet Kim !!

I'm back with another CT interview - this time with my other right hand woman - Kim (aka kmkarayannis). She is just one of the sweetest people I know and I look forward to our chats on IM. 
Here is what she had to say :
How did you get started and how long have you been digiscrapping?
I have been digi scrapping since 2008 and really got into it in 2009 when I became part of the the ScrapMatters community. I was a paper scrapper for years before that, but when all my local stores started closing down, I gave digi a try and have never looked back. Speaking of which...anyone want to buy all my cardstock?? 

What advice would you give someone just starting out digi-scrapping?
The BEST suggestion I could make would be to find an online community that feels right to you and JUMP RIGHT IN! Participate in challenges, chat in the forums, leave love in the gallery. You will make friends quickly and learn so much so fast! 


On average, how much time do you spend scrapping each week?
Well, this REALLY varies for me because I have a lot of stuff on my plate and the past few months have been rough, but anywhere from 2-10 hours. 


What are your scrapping strengths/weaknesses ?

I am a multi-photo kind of girl, and I think those are my best pages. I also think my clustering is pretty okay! My weaknesses are...inventing original composition on my pages, making simple clean pages, and scrapping with holiday kits, except the Christmas ones of course!


Who or what inspires you in the scrapping community? Any person or site in particular that you look to for inspiration?
Good grief...this is a long list. Andrea's pages amaze me...they are what caused me to become one of her loyal followers. I want to scrap like her. I also love to check out pages in the gallery at SM that have lots of layers and are packed full of stuff. I love pages by Tanya (tanyah666), Liz (mommy22girls), Melissa (profiler_mar) and Kim B (kimbytx). But now that I am on Andrea's CT...I have to look no further than this group of ladies. I mean, have you SEEN the stuff they are coming up with every week? Making these templates different in so many ways! So inspirational! 


If you could have Andrea create a template pack just for you, what would it be and why?
I am always interested in templates that have LOTS of photo spaces and LOTS of layers and elements. I have asked Andrea for a set of multi-photo, super-layered, double-pagers, but she threw her show at me.


What is your favorite LO you have ever done for Little Green Frog Designs?

That would have to be this one:
Posted Image
HERE for credits
I made this with her All in a Week Template Pack which of course I LOVE!!


What wish have you not yet fulfilled?
Okay, I am going to go casual with this one, rather than deeply personal...I want to landscape my backyard and remodel our bathroom! 


If you could spend a day with anyone (dead or alive, famous or not), who would it be and why ?
All of my grandparents, all four of them at the same time. If we're talking famous types, absolutely, hands down, no doubt, Queen Elizabeth I. 


If you were invisible for a day - what is the first thing you would do?
Observe my son for a day at school. I REALLY want to know what he is like when we are not around. 


Describe yourself in 4 words: 

First words that came to mind...Sensitive, creative, hungry, stressed (I'm sure those words would be different at different times...or even different once I eat my lunch!) 


What bad habits do you have? 
I procrastinate with my grading and my grad school work. I don't floss enough. I take too many things personally. I am an emotional eater. Wow, I sound lovely don't I?



Hope you enjoyed getting to know Kim a little more - pop on over to her gallery here for even more inspiration. Next week I'll be back to introduce you to Julie !

No comments:

Post a Comment