Tuesday 21 June 2011

Meet Annisa ...

Hi everyone and welcome back for another insight into my Creative Team. This week I am spotlighting Annisa (aka lionsimba). I love the creative way Annisa uses my templates and every one is a stunner !
How did you get started and how long have you been digiscrapping?
Like many of you, I was a paper scrapper for years. A friend of mine introduced me to digital scrapping in 2007 but I seriously drug my feet and resisted it for almost a year. I finally took the plunge after my family went to Disney World in 2008 and I realized I would never have time to make an album for each of my kids if I paper scrapped the 1,000 + photos. So I jumped into digi and haven't looked back since! 

What advice would you give someone just starting out digi-scrapping? 
When I first started I printed out online tutorials for all sorts of things. I would reference them all the time as it took me a while to really absorb Photoshop and feel comfortable with the program. So I would recommend that a newbie get a manual for their program, read and print tutorials, and get involved in online forums. The more you can learn about your program, the more you'll be able to do on your layouts.

On average, how much time do you spend scrapping each week? 
Hmmm . . . this is a tough one to answer. Rarely does a day pass that I don't do something related to scrapbooking, but sometimes I only have time to browse the galleries and forums. I have three very active kids, so I have to squeeze in my scrapping around them and their needs. I would guesstimate that on average I scrap about 2 hours a day. 

What are your scrapping strengths/weaknesses ?    
Another tough question! I think one of my scrapping strengths is keeping things (photos, ellies, etc.) to scale. When I printed my first few digi pages I realized that buttons, stitches, and other elements look HUGE when printed at 12x12 - MUCH bigger than they look on the computer screen. So I really make an effort to keep things scaled down so they look more realistic when printed. Is that a weird strength? A weakness of mine is actually printing the layouts! I decided to print my layouts in bound books, and so far I've only printed one book - that Disney vacation from 2008. I don't scrap in chronological order, so it's going to take a LONG time before I'm ready to print out lots of books.

Who or what inspires you in the scrapping community? Any person or site in particular that you look to for inspiration?
There are so many talented scrappers it's hard to pick just a few! Honestly, I like to look through all the galleries to find unique layouts and techniques. If I'm struggling for inspiration I'll go to my favorites folder and find something in there to jump start my creativity.

If you could have Andrea create a template pack just for you, what would it be and why? This is easy - double pagers with lots of photos! I have SO many files of photos that are packed with pictures from an event or holiday. I put off scrapping those photos because I don't want to have ten layouts of one day or event. I'd love to get those photos scrapped with some cool double page templates!

What is your favorite LO you have ever done for Little Green Frog Designs?
This is the first layout I ever scrapped with a Little Green Frog template and I simply love how it turned out:
Posted Image
What wish have you not yet fulfilled?  
I have three wishes: 1. Be totally debt-free. 2. Build our family's dream home. 3. Go back to Disney World.

If you could spend a day with anyone (dead or alive, famous or not), who would it be and why ? 
Fame does nothing for me, but family totally does. I would love nothing more than to spend a day with my deceased grandfather and great-grandparents. I miss them so much and wish with all my heart that my children got to know them, too. Thankfully, I'm confident that I will see them again!

If you were invisible for a day - what is the first thing you would do ? 
I have no clue! I don't think I would "spy" on anyone because that would just be weird and I may be troubled by what I'd see and hear. Man, I really don't know! 

Describe yourself in 4 words : nurturing, faithful, ambitious, happy 

What bad habits do you have ? 
I'm a procrastinator, I eat too much late at night, and I push the snooze button at least three times every morning. ;)


Check out Annisa's fab gallery for more inspiration. I'll be back next Tuesday with an interview with Simona. Don't forget to pop back tomorrow for my Sneak Peak and Kim will be back here on Thursday with more Gallery goodness !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment