Tuesday 9 August 2011

CT Spotlight - Meet Debby !



Welcome to another CT interview. This week I am excited to introduce you to Debby.  


She constantly turns out page after page of gorgeousness. So settle down and see what she had to say.

How did you get started and how long have you been digiscrapping?
I have been digiscrapping one year now. I gave paper scrapping a try and never got a single page done, I just did not have the patience or time. I learned about digiscrapping when reading my daughter's scrap magazines. I bought a tutorial dvd for both of us, but did not get the hang of PSE until she gave several of her family members a hands-on lesson last summer. I have not stopped since!

What advice would you give someone just starting out digi-scrapping? Get involved in a scrap community. There are so many talented scrappers out there who are willing to help and so many answers in the forums out there.


On average, how much time do you spend scrapping each week? Way too much. Right now work is exhausting for me, so having a hobby that doesn't take a lot of energy is perfect for me. I usually scrap most evening for a couple of hours and lots of weekend hours too.

What are your scrapping strengths/weaknesses ?Oh, I have many! I am slow and take a while to make kit choices. I am big kit mixer too and that takes some time. I don't do many layouts without templates, those take me the longest! I have pretty rigid color rules in my head, always have, so moving out of that comfort zone requires a big push for me. I also need to learn lots more ways to work with the many very old and damaged photos I have.

Who or what inspires you in the scrapping community? Any person or site in particular that you look to for inspiration?ScrapMatters is my scrapping community, it is just such a friendly place. The feedback that I get really does inspire me. My number one scrapping inspiration is my daughter, Kim. There are many other scrappers who inspire me too and Andrea's layouts caught my eye immediately when I started participating at ScrapMatters early this year.

If you could have Andrea create a template pack just for you, what would it be and why?Gosh, I feel like most of her template packs are created for me! I don't feel like I have just one style and am comfortable with a variety of templates. I really loved the Build it Yourself templates, as I still struggle with creating visually pleasing layouts myself, and feel that that set helps me try out new things.

What is your favorite LO you have ever done for Little Green Frog Designs?I wanted to put several here, as my Little Green Frog layouts all tend to be my favorites, so I narrowed it down to 3!Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image


What wish have you not yet fulfilled?
Wishes are kind of fanciful for me, I feel I am a very fulfilled person and can make myself happy with most circumstances. I would like my garden to be completely landscaped so I could just go out and putter around in it, planting, cutting flowers, picking veggies instead of always building and overhauling it.

If you could spend a day with anyone (dead or alive, famous or not), who would it be and why ? My parents. I have not fully adjusted to be parentless. Even though I am a grandmother myself, I miss my parents very much.

If you were invisible for a day - what is the first thing you would do ? Watch my daughters be mothers, it is one of my favorite things to do as a mother and grandmother!

Describe yourself in 4 words : 
All about my family!

What bad habits do you have ?
I am a major procrastinator, I could teach graduate level courses in procrastination!
I overthink things, I have no patience and a fairly quick temper.


Head over to Debby's gallery and check out her fab layouts !

No comments:

Post a Comment