Tuesday 23 August 2011

8/23 CT Spotlight - Meet Melissa.



I missed out my spotlight post last week due to my trip but I'm back this week to showcase another of my fabulous team. This week it's the turn of Melissa (aka PrettyPeaches) :


I love her pages and her style of scrapping - recently enjoying the story of her wedding and honeymoon through her layouts ! Here's what Melissa had to say :

How did you get started and how long have you been digiscrapping? I have been digi scrapping for about 2 years now.. I started out paper scrapping, as I wanted to make a baby book for my first nephew.. I didn't think I would love scrapping as much as I did.. but a 20 LO book, became a 75 LO book!! LOL.. then when I got married, I decided that I would like to create a wedding album for us, my parents and the in laws.. realizing that I would have to do things in three's, I thought there has to be an easier way.. So a dear friend encouraged me to try digi scrapping.. as I then would only have to create once and print 3 :) And once I got the hang of it, I was HOOKED!! Sadly, I started doing digi to get my wedding album finished, but I haven't completed it, and its been 2 years!! Ouch!! But I guess thats what happens when skills improve and I feel the need to re-do all of my LOs.. LOL

What advice would you give someone just starting out digi-scrapping?
Do some research, and what I mean by that is, go through galleries to see what you can really do with digi scrapping.. And scrap lift people.. And better yet, give templates a try :) Read some tutorials, so you can learn new things on how to improve on your new skills.. And find a digi scrapping community to call home.. As many communities have great challenges and encourage you to step outside your scrapping box!

On average, how much time do you spend scrapping each week?
At the moment the hours I spend scrapping changes every day.. It will depends on what mood Dylan is in.. I would definitely say it’s a few hours a day.. I would say at least 15 to 20 hrs a week :) Wow that sounds like a lot! 

What are your scrapping strengths/weaknesses?
I know one of my biggest weaknesses is that I work on a LO until I feel like its complete. So a LO can take me a few hours, or a couple of days. I guess this can also be seen as a strength as well. Then people know I am not just whipping out a LO for the sack of whipping one out.

Who or what inspires you in the scrapping community? Any person or site in particular that you look to for inspiration?
WOW.. This list is LONG.. So I will say it like this, don't just grab inspiration from ONE person, I grab it from MANY.. as there is soooooo many talented scrappers out there.. I find most of my inspiration comes from ScrapMatters.. I love going though the gallery and leaving love for others.. and usually something catches my eye and I just have to try it out :) And they have awesome challenges..

If you could have Andrea create a template pack just for you, what would it be and why?
These LO’s would contain a TON of layers! And the pack would be LO’s that would look nice for making 2 page LO’s. I am a bit obsessed at the moment about making 2 page LO’s. 

What is your favorite LO you have ever done for Little Green Frog Designs?



Describe yourself in 4 words : Optimistic, Loyal, Creative, Talkative 

What bad habits do you have?
I think my worst bad habit is that I am a true procrastinator.. I put things off til the last min.. I even do this with scrapping.. I scrap when I should be doing other things, like cleaning, cooking, going out to do things.. I still get things done.. But usually a lot slower then my husband would like :) 


To have a nosy at more of Melissa's fab pages - head over to her gallery here.


I'll be back tomorrow with a sneak peek of this week's goodies !

No comments:

Post a Comment